Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jessica Roses

I'm branching out! This time I'm not posting a card, but a frame. It's like a scrapbook page, but more. See, I'm not into the whole scrapbooking thing b/c it takes too much dedication. And I guess I'm not into documenting EVERYTHING I do on paper (blogging is different, of course). However, I did happen to see a page that a woman did as a memorial of her mother. It was amazing. It was a beautiful tribute. But I thought, what a shame to hide it away in a scrapbook only to be taken out and admired occasionally. Hence, my idea for creating a frame. Below you can see the frame w/o picture and then with. I did create it with the pic in mind, but it's got all the roses on it so should be good in the future to hold other pics of my Rosebud.

It's a first attempt, but I like it - let me know what you think.





 Here's all the stuff that went into making it:
 - 8x10 painter's canvas
 - Floral paper by K&Company, the "Madeline" and "Mira" collections
 - "Doily" border punch by Martha Stewart
 - Background paper by Me & My Big Ideas, the "Black & White Butterfly" collection
 - "Shimmer Flourish" chipboard pieces in brown by Making Memories
 - Stamps (clear) by Inkadinkadoo, "Dot Flourishes" and Inque Boutique, "Monarch"
 - I used the Martha Steward glue pad and the Essential Colors Glitter Set on the stamps
 - "Dot Sparklers" stickers in silver by Stampendous
 - "Real Flower Confetti" in Open Rose and Rosebud by Pressed Petals
 - Paper roses by Hirschberg Shutz & Co, Inc, the "Modern Romance" collection in Red/Rouge
 - Various ribbon I had on hand

1 comment:

Sue said...

If you were having trouble posting comments previously - I've made some changes and it should be all set now.